Friday, May 15, 2009

A Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend 2009!

What a great Mother's Day!  The weekend started off with a bang when a 12 passenger van full of estrogen showed up at my door to pick up Norah and me for our first experience with Time Out For Women.  TOFW is a motivational LDS (though not officially sponsored by the Church) seminar for all women and it includes great speakers and entertaining musical performances. 

After an extremely interesting and hilarious ride (what happens in the van, stays in the van :) to S.C. to pick up my sister and little nephew, Jayne and Oliver, we high-tailed it to Columbia for the first part of TOFW (and we were almost on time! LOL!).  The guest speaker was Mark Mabry - the photographer responsible for the popular "Reflections of Christ" collection of photos depicting key events in Christ's life.  He is an amazing photographer, but (in my honest opinion) he should probably stick to photos and not public speaking.  :)

Following Mark's talk we were entertained with the musical stylings of Michael McLean.  I can't say that I would ever buy his music (think an LDS Burt Bacharach), but I was moved by how he performed using inspiration.  He laughed, he cried, and we laughed and cried right along with him.  I think he could make a killing as a stand-up comedian...especially in Utah. :)

After Friday's line-up we drove back to stay with Jayne and Oliver at their home on Shaw Air Force Base.  It was just like a big slumber-party and I couldn't help but think we should have been watching Grease and painting our nails.  Instead (being the old mom's that we are) we stuffed ourselves with baked potatoes and cookies, complained about our boobs, and fell asleep much too late.  

Saturday morning we returned to Columbia for TOFW part II.  It was great to be uplifted with more spiritual and inspirational talks, but I think we were all a little tired.  ;)  By late afternoon the conference was wrapped up and we headed back home.  I can honestly say that my favorite part of the whole adventure were the conversations that transpired in the van!  LOL!    

Norah was a peach the whole weekend!  It was so fun to have our first Mommy/Daughter time-out. :)

The Crew:  Audrey (35 wks. pregnant!), Julie (who made the BEST chocolate chocolate-chip cookies EVER!), Anita (who kept us laughing the whole time), Teri (owner of the 12 passenger van with plenty of funny stories to share), Me holding Norah, Jayne with Oliver, and Tiffany (who, despite suffering severe car-sickness, managed the trip with a positive attitude!).  Can you believe that between the 7 of us we have 20 kids (not counting the one in Audrey's tummy!)?!  Yep - definitely Mormons!  LOL!

Mother's Day 2009
I couldn't ask for anything more than my three beautiful babies!

For Mother's Day Jack, Eddie, and Norah surprised me with a beautiful pot of yellow mums.  Justin tried to get them to pick out something pink, but he said Jackson was adamant about the yellow mums.  I think they're perfect!  My favorite gift, however, was  a 2.5 hour nap with Eddison after church!  I loved being able to snuggle with him and not have to worry about getting up - and before I knew it Justin was peeking in the room saying it was almost 5:30 pm!  In addition to letting me nap, Justin made dinner and even cleaned up afterwards.  For dessert he'd made an amazing batch of brownies and served it with cookie-dough ice-cream.  YUM!   

A family walk made the perfect ending to a perfect day.  Thank you, my little family!  I love you!!!

4 comments:

Molly said...

It's a good thing Teri and Anita were along to boost your kid numbers! My cousin and I have about 1/2 that just betweent he two of us! Sounds like a fun weekend!

jessie said...

Give me time, Molly, LOL! :) I can only have so many kids so fast... ;) (But we're by no means done! :)

Price Cream Parlor said...

Hey! It's been way too long since I checked in on your cute family! I am in love with Norah! (loving her name too!) what a precious little princess!
You guys have a cute little family!
...Coming to Oregon again?

Train Gang said...

awww! thanks for your message on my blog! I've actually been secretly hoping for a red head so that is funny you would say that! That made me so happy thinking about you and your sisters and how close you are to them. that is so funny that your dad had 3 girls and he is so manly! we actually had one person say that the reason why we were having so many girls is cause robb is TOO manly and he needs to get in touch with his softer side before any boys will come our way. maybe that was how your dad was! anyway, thanks for getting me excited about it. you are sweet.