Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nursery Bedding and Clothes, Oh My!

One thing I have been particularly looking forward to since finding out the gender of this little bean is making the bedding for our baby girl's nursery. I originally planned on just making a quilt and then buying the rest (bumper, crib skirt, etc.), but was so excited to see that Amy Butler's new line (specifically the vintage peony and cherry bloom patterns!) was exactly what I envisioned for nursery bedding and have since decided to attempt making it all. (This also upon the encouragement of a couple of good friends who assure me it won't be too difficult! :) Pictures to come as soon as sewing is underway!

Here is a sampling of the fabrics I'll be using...SO cute! Picture these charm squares instead of the ones shown in the actual quilt pattern to try to envision the finished product. :)

I picked out this charm quilt pattern long before the ultrasound determined what we would be having.. It's called 'Chubby Chicks' and is exactly what I was looking for if we ended up having a girl. I bookmarked the site I found it on and told Justin that if we ended up having a girl the first thing I was going to buy was this pattern for her nursery quilt. Yep.. I bought it and it is now sitting on my counter just calling to me! I'm just waiting on the Amy Butler fabric to come in the mail and can't wait to get started! :)


In anticipation for Miss Baby Girl I have tried to restrain myself from making impulse purchases and was doing fairly well... until Old Navy decided to have their 40% off baby and kids sale! I convinced Justin that I could easily have filled an entire closet with all of the cute things I saw, but was very discerning in my spending. I just love this whole new world of all things girly! :) I took two pictures because the first one doesn't show how cute the bottom is on the little sweat pants... :)

So I'm done shopping...for now! However, next week is a huge bi-annual consignment sale where many of my friends and I usually volunteer since a perk to volunteering includes being able to shop the night before the sale. This time I am consigning some things instead of volunteering, but still get to shop early. I cannot wait! This will be the third year I've gone to this sale and each time I stock up on clothes for the boys for unbelievable prices! It will be fun to check out the little girl section this time, too. ;)

8 comments:

merathon said...

which consignment sale is it? love the fabric, by the way! her room is going to be the envy of all the other babies!

Sheen Family said...

STOP SHOPPING!! Seriously - you will have more than enough stuff (and really cute) once I send all of Madi's clothes (which I plan on going through this week). Don't spend money when you have free stuff!! And it's all Baby Gap, Gymboree, etc - you'll love it!! (Shoes and all!)

Tiffanyrose said...

Those clothes are so cute! I am excited for you too. Don't forget you will get a baby shower! I know so many people that would jump up and volunteer to throw it including myself!

jessie said...

Meredith - It's the Matthews United Methodist Church consignment sale in downtown Matthews. (on Sept. 20th starting at 7 a.m.) It's HUGE and they're pretty particular about not accepting crusty or stained clothing so you don't have to go through a million items to find something cute!

Jess - I know, I know! My friends keep saying the same thing! LOL! But I dare you to not buy anything once you find out your having a baby girl someday! LOL! After buying nonstop boy stuff for three years I deserved just a little fun, right?! And let me know how much shipping costs on the clothes you send! You definitely don't need to foot the bill on that! I really appreciate you doing that and can't wait to see everything! :)

Tiffany - You are so sweet! I promise I am restraining myself from buying anything else! ;) (Besides fabric!)

ajjdnndm'smom said...

It is SO hard to resist!! You have dressed your boys adorable but there really IS something about shopping for a girl!! But Jessica is right, wait until you see what she sends - I don't really remember but I DO remember I liked shopping for a little girl too!!!

Katie B. said...

Oh my gosh, and you seriously will want to post every cute outfit you get for her!!! And then, pictures of her in them! The best part is getting the chance to shoe off :)

I LOVE those colors!

Price Cream Parlor said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting! Love the pattern and colors for your new little!

Katie said...

Oh, you are killing me!!! Now, I really want another girl...you'd think I'd have that out of my system by now ;)

I cannot wait to see the finished bedding!