Thursday, September 25, 2008

Anticipation X 2 and Twinkle Twinkle

If the most exciting thing in the world is having a baby than the second most exciting thing is being there when your sister is going to be delivering HER baby! In the morning, at approximately 5 a.m., my little sister and her husband will be checking into the hospital for the induction of their little man who has decided he doesn't want to leave the womb. Today (Thursday) is Jayne's official due-date and because her doctor is a saint she has agreed to induce tomorrow. (Those of you who have seen Jayne lately know that she has definitely endured this pregnancy long enough! In one word - swelling!)

As of Monday Jayne was 100% effaced and 2 cm dilated so all week I have been waiting for the middle of the night phone call to tell me her water broke or that she was contracting and headed to the hospital, but here we are and still no baby! Believe me she's tried every trick in the book and then some to encourage labor! LOL!! A small sampling: Castor Oil (not for the faint of heart she warns), walking curbs daily, eating Eggplant Parmesan, squats, heavy lifting, 'relations', even kneeling in downward-facing-dog pose for an hour on concrete floors! She's disappointed to miss the 'surprise' of going into labor on her own, but more than ready to meet her new baby and wear her own shoes (right now she can only fit into Seth's!) again. :)

I will update soon (depending on how long little man takes!) with pictures of my new nephew and hopefully a delightfully easy and pleasant birth story from Jayne. :)

The second event I am anxiously awaiting is the *possible* purchase of our first mini-van this weekend. It came up suddenly and is about three months premature to when we were planning on buying, but an unexpected deal has come up and we've suddenly been forced to decide whether we want to buy now or wait. Justin is an extremely cautious and remorseful purchaser so this decision has been the leading topic of conversation for the past three weeks. Basically it comes down to accepting that not taking advantage of this deal would probably be a big mistake. (Justin's words, not mine!) He has researched all month (along with one of his good buddies at work who just bit the bullet and bought their mini-van last weekend), and this is the last weekend of the big sale - so the pressure is on! However, if Justin is one thing it's frugal! This big of a purchase requires time for him to digest and I'm not confident we've had enough of it... so while I am anxiously anticipating this new addition to our family I will not be completely surprised if we end up waiting until December/January as originally planned.

Meanwhile - here is Jackson singing, "Twinkle Twinkle." I miss the old, "Kwinkle Kwinkle," but this is still pretty cute! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh, so much excitement in one post!!

I cannot wait for your next post as an offical Aunt!!!

And whoohooo about the minivan, clearly, you're going to need it ;)

BTW, could your itty bitty belly be any cuter? You almost make me sick :P

`Katie

ajjdnndm'smom said...

I am excited for you too...
your sisters baby (let us know!),
a mini van (you will LOVE it!) and
a darling little performer (I miss him!)

Train Gang said...

when you go mini(van), you'll wonder HOW you ever lived without one. Congrats on the big step!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby nephew.

How sweet is the clip of Jackson singing "Twinkle Twinkle." Totally adorable!

~Misty