Time is just flying! The past few weeks have been entirely devoted to gearing up for Matthews Alive! and basic survival as Eddie's teeth continue to torment him. Luckily two of the eight coming in have just broken through the surface and four more look like they will this week. His poor little gums look like a war zone, though! We miss our happy-go-lucky Eddie and can't wait to have him back soon!
This Week:
This is 'Mr. Turtle' as named by Jack. I stepped outside a few days ago and found him just relaxing on our driveway. It was the morning after a huge storm and lots of flooding so I think he was just looking for a dry place to hang out until the water went down. After letting the boys see him (and probably scare the bejeezies out of him with their excitement) I moved him to the garden in the backyard with the hope that he'd make his home there and be our first unofficial pet (Fishy not included). Sadly, he must have missed his woodland home as he had run away by evening. Jackson now says at least twice a day, "We find a tortoise a'day?" (I taught him the difference between a turtle and a tortoise and he's now very quick to correct us if we use the wrong term. :)
For the third year in a row Justin has spent his Labor Day holiday having boy time! While I'm at our booth he does all sorts of fun things with the kids and gets a great feel for what my days are like. ;) (i.e. Crazy, funny, frustrating, exhausting, and entertaining! LOL!)
Here are the boys coming to visit us at our booth and to watch the big parade.
I said, "Smile!" and these are the faces I got. Jack was in a silly dramatic mood and struck a pose while Eddie gave me some major stink eye (we've seen this face a lot over the past week, poor kid!).
A rainbow in the midst of a storm... Eddison was actually happy for a little while and we caught it on camera! It may or may not have been because he had just scored a pumpkin spice flavored Hershey's Kiss. (Yum!)
Our cute nursery booth! I'll get some better pictures tomorrow (Monday). We choose not to be open on Sunday and I forgot to take a booth picture until just before we closed up yesterday and the light was fading. We had a great time selling on Saturday even though the heat was incredible and the air was what the meteorologist referred to as 'sticky'. With all the rain we had last week our humidity level has sky-rocketed and as Jayne says, "Walking around outside feels like you're walking inside of someones mouth." This didn't seem to deter thousands of true Southerners from heading to the festival and enjoying all of the great booths, rides, and entertainment. More to come as soon as the festival is over!
Love to all!
1 comment:
I love it when dad's get a full day with the kiddos! Your booth looked so cute. and good luck with the teething :( sometimes it seems like it will never end right?
Post a Comment