Yesterday was a very busy day with doctor's appointments for the boys and for me. I thought it would be a good idea to schedule them all on the same day to get it all done at once, but quickly learned the error of this plan. THANK goodness Jayne was there to help! I don't know what I would have done without her!!!
Eddison's 18 month well-check:
Height: 32 inches (50%)
Weight: 24 lbs. 6 oz. (25%)
He is in perfect health! The only thing keeping our little man down these days are the EIGHT teeth he's getting all at once! Even Dr. Riley was surprised by this discovery! We can see all of them below the surface so they should break through over the next couple of weeks. Nights have been rough and his appetite is about 50% of normal...Poor little guy! We can't wait to see all of those new pearly whites, though!
Eddie had just one vaccination and didn't even cry for it. What a champ! He also passed the 18 month evaluation with flying colors. Dr. Riley couldn't stop praising him and of course I let her! LOL!! :) She was very excited to hear that she will be getting a new patient from our family next year. :)
Jackson's 3 year well-check:
Height: 36.5 inches (25%)
Weight: 28.4 lbs. (25%)
Jack's check-up was also just perfect! He impressed the nurse practitioner with his counting and ABC's as well as all of the fun 'physical' milestones she asked him to show-off. (Standing on one foot, hopping across the room on both feet, etc.) He also practiced his 'reading' to her (which entails him running his finger under the words like I do when I'm reading to him and then inserting whatever he thinks it says. It's so funny! On a side-note - after catching a cricket at the pool the other day he pointed to a sign that said 'No Diving' and told Jayne, "See! It says, 'Jackson catch a bug!'"
Jack had to get two immunizations - the first was his flu-shot, but instead I decided to give the flu-mist a try (since he's old enough for the mist now). Anything to spare him from a needle! The nurse was very nice and said a lot of patients said it had an aftertaste of strawberries so he was pretty excited to get it. Once she shot it up his nose it was different story! He shook his head and said, "That not strawberries! Don't hurt Jackson's nose!" But he let her do the other side and then said, "Why she shoot me in mine nose?!" He just seemed so confused and didn't know what the deal was with the strawberries. I think he felt hosed. :)
He also had to get his Hep. A immunization (which they only recently started offering so Eddie's already had this one) and this was a shot in his leggie. I laid him down and told him he was going to get a shot like mommy did that morning and he just looked stunned when the nurse gave it to him. He cried just a little and said the same thing, "Why you shoot Jackson?!" She quickly made amends by giving him a bag of goldfish crackers. :)
Mommy and Baby 15 week well-check:
Height: about 4 - 4.5 inches
Weight: about 1 3/4 ounces
(about the size of a softball)
Everything seems great! Heart beat was a healthy 156 bpm and Mommy's growing like she should! Less than two weeks until we get some more pictures of the little one and we can't wait! We decided to have the Quad Screening done (a blood test that checks for genetic abnormalities) just for peace of mind and will have results in a couple of days.
5 comments:
Oh, they look so cute...it makes me miss them!! And I can appreciate all the cute things that Jack says because I heard alot of them and so I can just imagine it all!! I am glad everyone is healthy and happy!!
Yes, and don't let your sister mow the lawn.....you DON'T want an early delivery like Justin was....definitely makes things ALOT more complicated!!
Thanks for posting a picture of my beautiful bride!!! Tell her to post some on our blog now :)
I LOVE that the sign said, "Jackson catch a bug" !!!!
Wow, I can't believe Eddie is up to 24lbs!! What happened to your peanut??
And 15 weeks already? Time is flying!!
eight teeth! Poor Eddie! And no crying at the doctor, what a trooper. Jackson's, "why did they shoot Jackson" phrase just melts my heart.
Post a Comment