This is only a little late, right?! :)
The boys and I started our Memorial Day Weekend by meeting Justin in the city. A whole strip of uptown (yes - they don't call it 'downtown' here...it's called 'uptown') was blocked off for NASCAR Speed Street events and we thought it would be fun to take the boys. It was crazy hot and there were tons of people, but we had a great time!
Hmm...Guess who's SO tired in this picture?! LOL!! He still does the ear-grab when he's about to pass out... and a DOUBLE ear grab means he's down for the count!
This is the look I get when I take the binky out while he's trying to go to sleep...
Ice-cream seemed like the perfect cure for a hot day! And yes, he shared with mommy and daddy... What a sweet boy!
Whenever it got too melty Jack would say, "Clean it up pease, mama!"
I mentioned Turkey Legs in a previous post about NASCAR... See... I wasn't joking!
Daddy and Eddison hug.
Mommy and tired-man in front of an official Nascar racecar trailer. Jealous?
This is Jackson shouting, "CHEESE!!!"
On Memorial Day we went to a BBQ at a friend's house. They have the SWEETEST backyard ever with huge play structure, a trampoline, a basketball court, a cool airplane ride, and a hose.. Really, would any yard be complete without a hose? :) We ate great food and the boys had a blast playing with all of the other kids. Jackson destroyed me in a water-gun fight, but I had my share of victories. :)
Eddie looking to pickpocket Nellie's bag...
Nellie and I made a new BFF... Hannah Montana! No, no, she's not real...sorry to disappoint anyone. :) Our hosts, the Ross's, have twin seven year old's who had just had a birthday and who LOVE Hannah Montana! So the BBQ was kind of a mini B-day party for them. Their mom asked us to make these cutouts for the girls to pose with. They turned out really cool!

Jackson LOVES watermelon! I am not a fan so I never buy it (like the flavor, hate the seeds!), but I just might now that I know how fun it is to watch Jack enjoy it!
I thought this picture was funny...It looks like he's just tasted something really disgusting, but can't stop eating it. LOL!! He really did love the watermelon!
Eddie had a great time in the NASCAR swing! Notice the cute little dimples?! :)
Daddy helped Eddison out with the bouncy thing. (I'm sure it has a legit name, but I have no idea what it is!) Aren't these boys so handsome?!
Jack's FIRST EVER water-gun fight! He could barely hold the gun when it was full, but he managed to get the job done. He was SO funny! And he has a surprisingly accurate aim...;)
Justin and Eddie relaxing on the trampoline. Justin is CRAZY on a trampoline! Seriously - he's got some mad skills and I'm a tad nervous about what he's going to teach the boys when we get one for Jack's birthday!
What you can't see: A surprise attack! Who I *thought* was Jackson is just out of the picture blasting my backside with water. Apparently (as Justin just pointed out to me) it was really a little girl who had it in for me! I ALMOST thought about using Eddison as a human shield.
Riley, Eddison, and Jackson making memories on the trampoline.
Eddison's favorite part of the trampoline was coming over to the net to give kisses through it! It was SO cute and funny! Here I am receiving a nice big open-mouthed slobber-kiss. His specialty!We hope you all had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!
2 comments:
i have two words for you: SEEDLESS WATERMELONS. truly divine!
wow, could Eddie look any more like his daddy??
Post a Comment