Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Jack: Dialogue

Last week Justin and I were on a walk with the boys when Justin pointed out a mammoth spider crossing the road in front of us. As he got closer to inspect it (while I jumped backwards, yelling at him to step on it) he announced that it was carrying babies on its back. GROSS! Surprisingly he then refused to kill it on the grounds that it wasn't in the house. I agreed - but ONLY after coming to the conclusion that this monster spider and its hitchhiking babies were on the opposite side of the community we live in and would most likely never be able to track down our house.
Meanwhile, the boys watched what Jack referred to as, "the spider man," make it to the grass on the other side of the road and we continued our walk.

Fast-forward to yesterday morning. Jackson and I were waiting for Eddison to wake up from his morning nap so we could go to the pool for playgroup. We decided to take the cushions off of our old couch (which I refuse to give up because it was the ONLY place I could comfortably sleep towards the end of both of my pregnancies and I need it for any and all future pregnancies!) and jump on them. (Justin, of course, taught them this fun game. :) After some extreme jumping Jack needed a rest so we laid down on the cushions where this conversation took place:

Jackson: "Mama? A spider have babies on its back?"
Me: "Oh yeah...we did see a spider that had babies on its back, didn't we?"
Jackson: "A-babies need a ride on a-mama spider's back?"
Me: "Yep. That's how mommy spiders carry their babies around."
Jackson: "Oh..."
Jackson: "Mama?"
Me: "Yeah, Jack?"
Jackson: "A mama spider need a stroller!"

Seriously - HOW cute is that?! This kid is SO funny and every day he's saying something that just cracks me up. I LOVE it!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! I hope I get to witness an interaction such as this when you visit this summer. We are so excited to see you!! We have our calendars marked...

Molly said...

What a practical little guy!

The Shawcrofts said...

I can't believe that you let that spider go. It might seem inhumane to some, but I consider killing a spider with babies on its back the only right thing to do.

Katie B. said...

yeah, well duh? What was that mama spider thinking?! I love it! You need to have a spot on your blog with all of their little sayings. I love reading them!

Sheen Family said...

It's amazing what these little minds pick up!! Sure love that little guy!

Unknown said...

That is hillarious! I just love that litte man! So cute!!

Train Gang said...

Yes! cute, and problem solving!

ajjdnndm'smom said...

It is amazing how their minds work! We would always say that they aren't cluttered with all the "stuff" that we have gathered through the years and they just get right to the point!! It is just that simple..."out of the mouth of babes"....