Monday, March 10, 2008

Jackson's Logic and French Ho's?


It has been far too long since I've blogged about Jackson and his adventures! I may not have as much time as I used to to come on and post, but I've been writing little things in a journal so I won't forget the cute and hilarious things that come out of the mouth of my crazy two year old. Here are some of my recent favorites:

To start with - I didn't literally mean, 'French Ho's' ... it just makes me laugh because it's what Jackson asks to have for breakfast EVERY day. French TOAST!!! For the life of me I cannot get him to say, "TOAST!" It always comes out, "Ho's." Anyway - I've found myself calling this excellent breakfast item by the same name Jack has given it and wonder if I'll ever be able to go back to calling it by it's non-inappropriate-for-a-two-year-old-to-say name.

Jack has also created a new term for pee-pee (this started about two months ago). He calls it, "Peeps." Why? I can only guess that his brain thinks if poo generally has a 'p' on the end and is then 'poop' than naturally, 'pee' should become, 'peep'! The plurality has evolved over time as he's learned that more than one poop = poops. Shortly after this connection he began referring to 'peep' as, 'peeps'. So throughout the day this is the average

Anatomy of a Potty Visit:

The scene
: Jackson is running, jumping, poking/playing with Eddison.
The 1st announcement: All of the sudden I'll hear a loud, "PEEPS!!! (or POOPS!) Jackson go a-potty!!!"
Then he'll race to the bathroom where I meet him to turn on the light for him.
The cold shoulder: After turning on the light he pushes me out of the bathroom and says, "Mama, walk! Shut the door!" He's really into privacy now which just cracks me up!
The quick toss: After about thirty seconds Jackson will open the door and throw his undies and pants out for me to hold until he's done. He quickly then shuts the door again.
The 2nd announcement: The door will open and Jackson, naked except for his shirt will yell, "Mama, a-Jackson did it!!! Look!" So I'll walk into the bathroom and he'll proudly
point to the toilet. I'll say, "Did you go poop? Or just pee-pee?" (I need to know if I have to wipe him or not.) And he'll say either, "Yes, a-Jackson went poops!" OR, "No poops, just peeps!"

I'm really very proud of him and his potty-training. He loves his undies, but still wears a pull-up at nighttime. There may be an accident every now and then (mainly at other people's houses when he's so excited about playing he's too late, or he doesn't know where the potty is), but I definitely consider him 'day trained' now.

Moving on to funny 'Jack-ism's':

This first conversation happened on Sunday morning when all of us were camped out in the computer room just lounging as a family and listening to some itunes. Jack has recently been interested in figuring out how to use the labels, "man, woman, boy, and girl." He knows that his little friend Riley is a, "girl," but that Mommy is something different because she's bigger. Same goes for Daddy vs. Jackson. He finally came to the following conclusion:

Pointing to Justin he says, "Daddy's a man."

"That's right!" I said.

Then he pointed to himself and said, "Jackson's a boy."

"Yep!"

Then he pointed to Eddison, "Eddie's a tiny little baby."

"Yes, he is!" (Not exactly along the same lines, but who cares?!)

"And Mommy's a friend!"

Seriously - is that not the sweetest thing you've ever heard?! I didn't even have the heart to explain that the word, 'friend' is generally not used as a description of gender. :-) He'll figure it out one day, but until then I like being a 'friend'!

This second exchange occurred this afternoon as Jackson was sitting on the counter watching me make bread. I had just sprinkled flour on the counter to begin the kneading process and he saw all of the flour on the counter and said,

"LOOK!! Look, Mama, you making a mess!"

"Yep! I sure am!"

"Cool!"

Where did he get that?! When did he suddenly start talking like a teenager?! LOL!! He's also recently been adding the word, "So," in front of everything.. "Daddy is so funny!" "Eddison so sad and crying?" "Mama so mad at Daddy?" (Ok - this last one was after Mama noticed that Daddy had squeeged toothpaste all over the bathroom counter :-) My reply was, "No, Mama's not so mad because Daddy is going to clean it up!" (And he did! :-)

Let's see - other recent discoveries are his, "mipples." He can't see them when he looks down yet (the proportions of baby and toddler bodies are downright comical when you realize their heads are so much larger than their bodies that they can't see their own chests!), but he felt them and has since been obsessed with pointing them out to me and Justin whenever it's bath time. He also loves to point out Eddie's "mipples" and, "Daddy's mipples."

There are so many more stories, but I have to end here. I'll be posting some recent pictures soon. It's been too long since I put up some Jackson pictures! :-)

Love you all!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love those times. I have to say that being a friend is so sweet. I am told I don't smile enough by my children. Whats up with that? So, I hope one day my daughters will call me a friend.(I'm working on the smile thing..) I love your stories and pics. You guys are an awesome family! We need to get together soon!
Its funny how we can get caught up on posting a lot about one child only to realize we hadn't posted about the others as much.
Love ya girl! Also, Congrats to Jane! That is soo exciting!

Train Gang said...

Go Jackson!!! thats awesome! And congrats gos to your sister!! This is so wonderful!!!! (I admit I was a little nervous for you when I saw the picture...I thought #3 was on his/her way!).

Katie said...

I'll never look at french toast the same way again! He is SO funny!

Lisa said...

jessica! i love your blog...although i'm going to have to stop reading it at work (makes me laugh out loud).

fyi, matt and i finally got our blog up and going: http://mattyandlisa.blogspot.com