Seriously...does anyone else think the first video of Jack performing, "In the Jungle," could take home the prize on America's Funniest Home Videos?! (Ok...maybe Jack performing a rendition of Guns n' Roses', "Welcome to the jungle," could top this...I'll see what I can do...:-) We had no idea he knew the words to the music...In fact, he's only seen The Lion King maybe twice all the way through and I've never heard him repeat these lyrics besides an occasional, "a-whee-a-whit." Anyone who thinks having kids is all work and no play is missing out on SO much fun! Children are - in my humble opinion - the greatest entertainment in the world!
This next video is of our little Eddison - who looks like a stuffed sausage in his nut-tight thermal jammies. (It's getting chilly here!) He's finally starting to have enough upper body strength to haul his gargantuan cranium about (only So I Married An Axe Murderer fans will get that...:-) and be able to pull up and cruise a little bit. In this particular video he does a great fall-down at the end, but no worries...he was undeterred and did eventually make it to the prize unharmed! :). Basically he'll do anything it takes to get a cracker - and yes, we feed him! This little garbage disposal eats EVERYTHING! And lots of it! (Cue segue to long unrelated story about Jack and Eddie...)
Case in point: three days ago I tried for the millionth (not literally, but close!) time to get Jackson to at least TRY some pasta. The Hurricane refused and blew category 4 storm winds to speed his bowl across the table. Luckily - being used to such flash-storms - I caught it and resumed my efforts with minimal losses. Still - not even a taste. We've tried ravioli, macaroni, shells, spaghetti, bow-tie, linguine, you name it and he's REFUSED to try it. Instead he prefers what most kids can't be paid to eat...broccoli, green beans, carrots, corn, beans of any kind, chicken, turkey, most fresh fruits, etc. (And I'm not complaining about this! I LOVE that he loves good food...but I'd also LOVE for him to expand his menu a little bit! And not with hot-dogs - which he loves, but I try to severely limit!)
Moving on...at one point I tried very quickly to just stick a forkful of macaroni into Jack's open mouth - naively assuming that if he could just TASTE the All-American kid classic cuisine he'd realize what he'd been missing and fall in love with it (making my job as Head Chef a little easier!). Sadly mistaken, I watched as the forkful of macaroni was immediately launched onto the tray of Eddison's high-chair...where he was sitting watching the events unfold. Instantly Eddie's hand shot down, scooped the macaroni and had it in his mouth before I realized what had happened. (It's necessary to understand that Eddie had just finished three cubes of homemade sweet potato puree, rice cereal, a couple of wheat crackers, AND a handful of cheerios!) This kid is a bottomless pit!
Needless to say I am NOT worried about Eddison becoming a picky eater. Just another tally on the 'Could these brothers possibly be any MORE opposite?!' wall we have going here...(imaginary, of course.) Hopefully you've made it past my rambling! :-) Bottom line: Enjoy our little Tater-Bug! He's going to be cruising before you know it!
4 comments:
As Tommy and I watched this, he decided that standing and bouncing up and down on a chair looked like a good idea. Boys are just boys I GUESS. So funny though. Miss you guys.
that video of jackson singing 'in the jungle' was great!
and i can't believe how big eddie id getting!
Hey Guys!!! Of course you can put our link in your blog. I look at your blog all the time! Your boys could not be cuter. We love you guys and hope to see you soon!
Ashlie
why are sibligs always opposites? I love that Eddie is the dispposal of even Jack's leftovers!!! I could see it happening.
Post a Comment