Friday, December 28, 2007

5 and 29

"Five years ago today, Justin and I were married. Some of you were there, some of you weren't born, and some of you are now DEED! But, we both said, "I do," and we haven't agreed on a single thing since....But I'm glad I married you, Justin, because hey, could've been worse! And besides, I still love ya..."
(Direct Quote from, 'So I Married an Axe Murderer' - Quite possibly the greatest movie of all time. THIS IS A JOKE for those of you who haven't seen the movie or have any idea what I'm referring to. :-)

On the 21st of December, Justin and I celebrated our FIFTH anniversary!!! Holy Cow...that's a whole HaNd'S worth of fingers!!! We enjoyed an evening to ourselves (thank you to the Burgess's for tending our Monsters!) for the first time since our LAST anniversary! To start the evening Justin took me to an amazing Spanish restaurant called Miro's...We made it a goal to order appetizers, dinner, AND dessert... True Spanish cuisine consists of mostly seafood so that's what we got! Clams, swordfish, shrimp, etc. Then for dessert - which really was the best part - Justin had the house specialty: Tres Leches - the cake the restaurant is known for. I went with the Belgian Chocolate Truffle cheesecake...and was not disappointed!

After our authentic meal - complete with a waiter named Roberto - we ventured to the movies and saw Will Smith's new flick; I Am Legend. Here's our review (well - my review, but Justin agrees with most of what I thought...):

LAME-O Factor:
1. Eerie silence that hints at something about to jump out and/or surprise and scare you for 98% of the film.
2. Unanswered questions = too many!!!
3. Animal cruelty
4. Eerie silence that hints at something about to jump out at any second
5. Eerie silence that suggests a 'dark seeker' is about to jump out any minute

REDEMPTION Quality:
1. Will Smith - an amazing actor no matter what
2. The Soundtrack - Justin and I are hooked on Bob Marley now and our itunes account reflects this
3. Still a night out with the love of my life!

To those of you who DON'T know - our anniversary also happens to be on JUSTIN'S BIRTHDAY!!! That's right! Old Man River is now 29 years old...seriously... So a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my almost-thirty-year-old husband! :-) (I still think he only looks about 23!)


3 comments:

The Shawcrofts said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday Justin! Hope you had a fabulous time. When we live by each other, we'll watch your little monsters so that you can have more date nights. Love, Ash

Katie said...

ohhh, I think I will now forever remember your anniversary and Justin's birthday.

Train Gang said...

5 years later you are still a hot, sexy couple! you don't have to say you are in love, I can see you are from the picture