Yep. We made it! We've officially been in Iowa for about a month and a half now so it's probably about time I blog about the actual move, right? In my defense - moving.is.crazy. Enough said. Yes, we had movers. Yes, I had already done a ton of the prep work, but still - the actual process has been just exhausting! (I'm sure growing a baby hasn't helped with the fatigue level, either.) The following photos document the couple days leading up to the move and then the actual days we were on the road (though not necessarily in order).
 |
| Eddie-O being silly on Beckett's dragon while Justin cleaned out the garage. |
 |
| We may have been in the middle of a giant move, but life goes on and teeth fall out! :) |
 |
| The enormous moving truck that moved our home to Iowa. |
 |
| On Jack's last day at school I joined him for lunch and brought cupcakes. He had a great experience at Hemby Bridge and will miss his buddies, Mrs. Tirpak and Mrs. Helms! |
 |
| In the driveway before the official departure! Jack and Eddie had their new DS's (Justin bought them "for the road trip" - ahem). Yeah. Funny how we didn't discuss that purchase before hand, lol. He's really just been looking for an excuse to buy them for the boys for a long time. And I'll admit (begrudgingly) they ended up being a great distraction. Norah and Beckett each had a screen to watch movies - though it broke on day 2 (you get what you pay for, I guess). |
 |
| The most awesome face ever caught at Subway somewhere in Kentucky, lol. |
 |
| There... That ones a little better, lol. :) I think the first one is till my favorite, though. |
 |
| Little B waiting on his sub. He did SO great on the road trip! I'm continuously amazed and grateful for how laid-back and good natured this boy is. :) |
 |
| Don't let their sweet smiles fool you... :) |
 |
| That's a little more realistic. :) |
 |
| I told Norah to give me the biggest smile she could make, lol. (Standing in the front yard the day before we left NC.) |
 |
| And I thought I should probably get a shot of the 'For Sale' sign on our very firs home. We have a ton of amazing memories from our NC house and will miss so many things! Our neighbors and our friends. |
 |
| Travel weary, my friends. |
 |
| Jack getting silly with the last of the items being loaded up. |
 |
| This was an overturned tractor-trailer that was just destroyed by one of the tornadoes that hit the area the night before. We were so grateful to have missed those storms! |
 |
| And Eddie wanted to be silly on camera, too. :) |
 |
| Norah striking a pose. :) |
 |
| It's hard to see, but we drove right through this little town that was just destroyed by a tornado. It was the first time I'd ever see such damage in real life and I wish I could have gotten better photos to show just how bad it was. It was amazing, really, to see the power that a storm like that can have up close and personal. |
 |
| This little town was almost completely destroyed as we saw later on the news. Later on in our journey we drove through another area that had been hit very hard by a tornado. We were so humbled to realize that we had missed driving through each of these areas at the time of the storms by just hours. Heavenly Father was certainly looking out for us during our travels! |
 |
| Jack giving Beckett one last ride in the monster truck before the movers loaded it up. |
 |
| Unpacking the kitchen. Believe it or not this was AFTER I'd spent over an hour cleaning up packing materials! I think the movers used five times more packing paper and boxes than we had need for! But everything and everyone arrived safely so that's all that matters. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment