Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I am so grateful to be a Mother! I am also grateful for the amazing women in my life (whether they be Mother's or not) who inspire me to do better and try harder to be the kind of person I want to be. The kind of person my Heavenly Father knows I can be.

I received some beautiful hand-made (my favorite!) cards this year! Daddy also surprised me with flowers, a cute card, and a wonderful dinner (roast, mashed potatoes, salad). As if that weren't enough, he blew me away by handing me a receipt (showing he paid the tuition) for a photography class I've been wanting to take at the University of N.C. (Charlotte campus). Class starts at the end of May and I am beyond excited!!!

My joy.

(This was Norah's Easter dress. After I put it on her Norah asked me, "I pitty? I a pincess?")

The Saturday before Mother's Day was spent having some mega-fun in the backyard. Somewhere along the way the boys lost their clothes and managed to turn the white part of their NEW undies a dingy brown. Coincidentally similar in color to the giant mud-puddle that suddenly appeared at the bottom of the slide. Hmm... Yes, I did let them continue to play in their undies. It's not like they can do that when they're all grown up, right? (Not that Justin wouldn't LOVE to try, lol!) Besides, watching them I was reminded of the Lost Boys from Peter Pan and it made me smile.

Norah has been going through a boot wearing stage. Oh - and a crazy hair stage, too. Can you tell?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

you have a beautiful family :)