Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beckett: 7 months (and change) and General Conference 2011


On March 14th (okay - so this is maybe just a tad over a 'little' late...), Beckett turned 7 months old! His cuteness factor grows exponentially it seems and he surprises us daily with new sounds, milestones and faces. We (maybe just me?) are constantly amazed at how good natured this little brown-eyed boy is! I would be happy to just throw caution to the wind and follow in the footsteps of Michelle Duggar if I could get a guarantee that the rest of our children would have his temperament! :) (Although it would obviously require Justin to be on board for such a challenge and he'd rather disappear to a remote ice-floe in the arctic before agreeing to 19 children.)

At seven months Beckett is trying his very hardest to crawl! He has scooting down to a science using variations of the inch worm and downward-facing dog techniques. So cute! He will work for ten minutes to gain a couple of inches and instead of getting frustrated he will look up at me and grin like he just won the Boston Marathon. I'm certain he will be crawling in just a couple more weeks! He can now also sit/tri-pod unassisted although he loves to scoot so much that he often times just tries to tip all the way forward instead of trying to practice sitting. I would not be surprised if he's full-on crawling before he can sit unassisted for a long length of time!

Little B still has a love for his two fingers - though they are primarily reserved for nap-time, bed-time and soothing-time (say - after Norah comes and bites him on his beautiful bald head). With Norah now 'off the bink' we are - for the first time in almost six years - a binky-free home! Crazy! With Norah I always had to make sure she had a binky in hand and that I had a spare 'just in case'. I still catch myself feeling like I'm forgetting something when I load Beckett into the car only to realize that all he needs are his fingers and he's good to go! How easy is that?! I know it may be a hard habit to break him of later, but for now I'm just enjoying how adorable it is and how much easier it makes nap-time and bedtime. :)

Speaking of bedtime... Beckett has still been consistently sleeping a solid 12 hours a night. He loves to cuddle up to his afghan, plop his two fingers into his mouth, and roll over onto his side. Achingly adorable!

There are no signs of any teeth so it's looking like he'll follow in Eddie and Norah's footsteps (they didn't get their first teeth until they were 12 months) - which makes this nursing mama relieved. :) (Not that his clenched gums haven't inflicted their fair share of piercing pain...) He is eating more solids now: butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, corn, peas, mangoes, bananas, apples, and yo-baby yogurt. For a snack he enjoys rice-rusks. A lot. We'll be adding legumes soon! Thrilling, right? :)

We love our little Beck! How did we get so blessed?!

Yep - all it takes is eye-contact to get this heart-melting smile!

Beckett loves his big brother, Eddie!


"Look, Mommy! I'm up on all fours!"

Even his, "Okay, I'm tired so pick me up now!" face is adorable!

Gotta love that little dimple on his right cheek!

Oops! I forgot to add 'dinosaur' to his list of consumables. :)

***************************************

April 2nd and 3rd was General Conference weekend. It was so uplifting and inspiring! I was especially anxious for this Conference since I had been teaching Sharing Time all month and the theme was about Prophets. Isn't it amazing that we have a living prophet on the earth today who receives revelation specifically for us?! And that listening to the Prophet is as though we are listening to Heavenly Father himself?! "...Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38) I am eagerly anticipating next months Ensign with all of the talks printed (though I've been browsing through them on lds.org already) so I can go through and highlight my favorite quotes.

I wanted to make something special for our Conference dinners so on Saturday we had roast with carrots and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. Sunday we had some friends over to help us eat marinated pork chops on the grill, roasted red potatoes, long grain and wild rice, and a green jello salad (in honor of the Mormon tradition :).


1 comment:

Train Gang said...

I see lots of Jessica in those eyes! Glad your conference weekend was great. The talks were amazing.