Happy 2nd Birthday
Miss Eleanor June!
(Height: 33 inches - 30%)
(Weight: 24 lbs. 2 oz. - 15%)
Dear Eleanor,
Most people call you Norah - and that's okay because we love that nickname for you... But I still like to remind you of your full name because I think it's beautiful. And so are you. I can hardly believe you're already two years old... That the teeny-tiny little baby girl we brought home from the hospital has grown into a spunky toddler who loves to wrestle with her brothers and can keep up with the best of them! Some other things about you:
* You used to completely ignore the television when it was on. It is only in the past few weeks that you've actually decided that you DO like 'toonies - and your favorites are, 'Duck Tales,' 'Horton Hears a Who,' and, 'Dino Squad' (which you only watch with Jack on the couch :).
* You love to sing... Our favorite is when we sing the beginning of 'Santa Claus is coming...' and then you proclaim loudly, "TO TOOOOWWWNNN!!!" It's so cute!
* You are a born Mommy. You love to carry around Baby Doll and it melts my heart to watch you when you don't know I'm looking. I love how you carefully wrap Baby Doll in a blanket and hold her close to your cheek - sometimes rocking her and singing, "Rock-a-baby, rock-a-baby doll."
* Your vocabulary grows every day! Sometimes I can't quite understand which word you're trying to say, but your facial expressions and hand motions tell the whole story! You're so animated and I love your flair for the dramatic. :) One of my favorite things is when you're telling me something and you have your hands out with your palms facing up and you shake your head while animatedly speaking like, "Don't you get it, mommy?!"
* You LOVE to be read to and often ask Daddy or me to, "A-read book!" Some of your favorite books are, 'No, David!', and, 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. You even have the first page of the, "Cat-pillar," book memorized: "A-light, a-moon, a-little egg on a-leaf!" You have a few pages of, 'No, David!' memorized, too: "No, No, David!", "A-go a-your room!"
* Every morning I do your hair and you like to hand me the little rubber bands for your pigtails. You'll run to the counter where they are and say, "'Air-ties, Mommy! 'Air-ties!"
* When I'm on the phone or otherwise engaged in something other than giving you my full attention, you like to find ways to draw the attention back to yourself.. Like by putting a lego or penny (or other choke-able sized item) in your mouth and showing me and then running away. (You think this is hilarious. :)
* When there's something you want (like chocolate milk) you'll approach us and say, "Come, come! Come, Mommy (or Daddy)!" Then you'll open and close your hand at us gesturing for us to follow you. If it takes us longer than one second to do so, you'll grab our hands or legs and repeat yourself, "Come, come!"
* When you know you're tired you'll grab my hand and lead me to the stairs and point to your bedroom. Then you'll look up at me with your beautiful blue eyes and I'll say, "Is it nap time?" And you'll nod your head, 'yes', and reach up for me to pick you up and take you to your crib. It is one of the sweetest things ever.
* You love to crawl up next to Daddy on the couch and snuggle into his belly. You are a Daddy's girl through and through - and I think it's adorable even if I do get a little envious sometimes. :)
* You still have your binky, but only use it when you're very sad, tired, sleeping, or riding in the car. We were determined to take it away once you turned two, but we've decided to allow it for a little while longer... Why? Because you're so stinkin' cute we just can't say 'no' to you!
Oh, Norah. I could go on for hours about all of the little things you do and say that just make up who you are! You are a beautiful, thoughtful, loving, caring, enthusiastic, energetic, and amazing little girl! I am reminded every day of how blessed we are to have you in our family, baby girl. We all love you so much!
Happy Birthday!
Love, Mommy, Daddy, Jackson, Eddison & Beckett
Sampling the frosting
Cake!
Cute new clothes from Grandma & Grandpa Wilde!
Two new puppies with accessories from Daddy and Mommy
The Birthday Girl!
Flowers from Daddy :)
Daddy's gift for his Baby Girl...
No comments:
Post a Comment