This year we made the Race for the Cure (first weekend in October) a family event! We all bundled up early (think 5 am) and made the drive uptown where we met up with several other members of our ward. We all walked/ran in memory of a member of our ward, Barb Robb, who recently lost her battle with cancer. Justin and I had planned to walk the 5k together (as a family), but we soon realized that it was too cold, too early, and too much walking for our little monsters ;). So he stayed behind with Jack, Eddie, and Norah while Beckett and I power-walked the race. It ended up working out great since Jack and Eddie were able to make it into the kids' fun-dash race which was scheduled during the 5k (I was so bummed I had to miss it!).
The race took place during Conference Weekend so it was a great family service activity to get us ready for the first session of General Conference. I love my little family!
Home from the race... We barely made it in the door before Eddie pulled up a piece of hard-wood and fell fast asleep ;).
Yes, I only power-walked the 3.2 miles, but I was just barely 6 wks. post-partum (meaning I had only just gotten the all-clear for exercise!) and I was wearing a little space-heater. So THAT'S why I look so sweaty, lol. It took Beckett and me 1 hour and 4 minutes to complete our 5k. Not bad for power-walking, right?!
Norah was not impressed with the how chilly it was at 6 am!
Even Jack was "too cold" to run lightning-fast during the kid-dash. :) Luckily, he still thinks he 'won' and a great friend of mine (Tiffany) even made sure he got an official trophy (one of her siblings' old trophies from high-school that her mom had lying around the house, lol!). How sweet was that?! :) (She made sure Eddie got a real trophy, too :).
Double trouble wearing their official Race for the Cure shirts :). (Nice smile, Jack. ;)
1 comment:
i didn't know Barb Robb had died! when did this happen? i knew she had cancer, but didn't know it was THAT serious...
Post a Comment