Sunday, October 31, 2010

Handmade with Love...

I love to make gifts for other people (especially babies!)... It's probably the best part of doing something crafty! Likewise, I am constantly impressed and inspired by the talents of others and am always so touched when I (or one of my little ones) am on the receiving end. :) Here are some of the beautiful handmade gifts Beckett has received since his arrival 11 weeks (?!) ago:

A beautiful crocheted blanket from Nana... The pattern is called 'Rows of Cats' - can you see them? :) I remember her making this pattern when I was just a little girl and I always loved it. The colors match Beckett's room perfectly! Nana has made each of the kids a blanket when they were born and each of them still has their special blanket. There's something about being able to put their little fingers through the holes and snuggle into the blanket that they love. Sadly, the other kids' blankets are now full of very large holes from so much wear. (*hint hint* Nana! :)

Clearly Beckett approves :). Thank you, Nana!

A very talented online friend of mine, Erin, (who I can't wait to meet and craft with in real life!) made and surprised me with this beautiful quilt for Little B.

I love how the different textures (satin, minky, cotton) feel and absolutely love the colors, too! It's so difficult to find fabric that 'works' for a baby boy without looking to 'traditional baby' or too girly... But I love the oranges, blues, and browns!

Erin also sent this awesome name board that is painted with darker versions of Beckett's nursery colors - which turned out so perfect because, as we had tried to go neutral with the nursery because we didn't know if were were having a boy or a girl, I was trying to find ways to make the nursery look a little more 'boyish'. The name was made with vinyl lettering (which I love since it's just so clean looking!). I am so thankful for her thoughtfulness and absolutely cannot wait to return the favor when she has her first little one! :)

Not pictured is the beautiful blanket my Grandma crocheted for Beckett. She, too, has made a blanket for each of her great-grandchildren and I so admire her talent! Some of Beckett's newborn photos were taken with that blanket as well as a little sock monkey made for him by his Great-Grandma Fitch (Justin's grandma). I will post pictures of those things when I get his photos back from the photographer!

No comments: