THEN

and
NOW
On June 19th, our first-born miracle turned 5 years old! I can hardly believe I'm the mom of a FIVE year old - especially when I can still remember his birth (and the days leading up to it) as if it were just yesterday.
Jackson Paul Wilde at 5 years:
1. You have always been and continue to be energetic, loving, curious, and busy!
2. You are (most of the time) a wonderful big brother who stands up for Eddie and Norah and I love that you spontaneously take a few minutes to run up to my belly to talk to the baby or feel it kick every now and then. You think we should name it "Chalky" if it's a boy and, "Ashlyn" if it's a girl (there is a little girl named Ashlyn in his CTR 4 class).
3. Favorite Color: "Blue!"
4. Favorite Food: "Steak."
5. Favorite Vegetable: "Corn." (on the cob)
6. Favorite Fruit: Cherries, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, pears, oranges, peaches, nectarines, blueberries, huckleberries, raspberries, and the, "Tiny oranges that come cut-up in the can." (Mandarin oranges, lol. This kid LOVES fruit!)
7. Favorite Book: "My big book of animals." (Encyclopedia of Animals)
8. Favorite outside activity: "Looking for bugs."
9. Favorite Family Activity: "Going to the ocean and going camping. And going to movies."
10. What do you want to be when you grown up?: "A Wild Recon man."
11. Who are your friends?: "Riley and Arwen and Katelyn and Barbie and Summer and Kiersten and Caden."
12. Favorite Shirt: "Ironman."
13. Favorite Game: "Wrestling."
Our family wouldn't be complete without you, Jack. We love you so very much and even though you have been testing boundaries lately, me and Daddy ALWAYS have your best interest at heart and are doing our best to be the kind of parents you deserve. We're sorry that you have to be our 'test model', but believe it or not - we've never had a five year old before and every day we're learning right along with you!
I love the words that you make up... Some of my recent favorites:
It's not 'Hand Sanitizer' - it's, "Hanitizer." (I think your way makes more sense! :)
It's not a 'Patio' or a 'Stage' - it's a, "Stadio." (Our new patio does look like a stage, kind of. :)
Jack informed me that we need to repaint the walls in the guest bathroom (currently a dark green and super-textured finish the original owners had painted) because the walls are too, "bumpery."
Sunscreen is called, "Sun cream," or, "Sun-preem."
Other Things About You:
Lately, when you see something you'll think I like you'll point it out and say, "Hey mom, look at these beautiful jewels (jewelry at Costco)! It's very stylish for you? I'll get it for you for your birthday." Or, "Look at those beautiful flowers. They're very stylish for you?"
You are very often pointing out things that you want to buy me or Daddy for our birthdays or for Christmas. Some of my faves:
For Daddy:
1. A beat-up 1980's Ford Tempo in teal blue that we parked next to at the zoo. You think Daddy would love it because it's blue. :)
2. Tools of any kind.
3. Grills.
4. Riding lawn mowers or tractors of any kind.
For Mommy:
1. Any red car we pass is immediately added to my list.
2. New appliances. No matter what it is you'll point it out and say, "I'm going to put that on your list for Christmas, okay mom?" (I think I've spent too much time looking at new washers/dryers/refrigerators, etc., lol.)
3. Any jewelry or flowers we see at the store.
When you ask a question you always add a, "Yeah, Mom?" Or, "Yeah, Dad?" For example, "And today is my birthday - yeah, Dad? Yeah?" Or, "Are we going to the park today? Yeah, Mom? Yeah?"
I know there is so much more that I hope I never forget!
Jackson, we love you so very much! You are a constant source of entertainment and joy and we continue to feel so blessed that you came to our family. A couple of months ago you asked a question about where Heavenly Father lived and I explained to you about our spirits and about how we used to live in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. Afterwards, you said, "You know why I chose you and Daddy for my family? Because you are the sweetest Mommy in the whole world!"
Oh, Jack. I hope you will always be as sweet, curious, energetic, and busy as you are now! We can't imagine you any other way, little (big!) Hurricane. :)
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
2 comments:
He is such a sweet boy....you are ALL so lucky to have each other!! Hard to believe that he is 5....I hope the next 5 don't go by so fast!!
Happy Birthday Jackson! 5 Already? Is he going to start kindergarten this fall? You have such adorable kids that just keep getting cuter and cuter. I really wish we lived closer, it would be so much fun to take the kids and go play. Montanna would have so much fun looking for bugs and frogs with your kids.
Post a Comment