She's done it again... Our little Norah has grown another month older and has continued to bring so much joy to all of our lives. Yesterday, at your 9-month well-check, you had two shots and cried for just the amount of time it took to pick you up and snuggle you. You've grown so much since your last appointment!
Height: 26 inches (10%)
Weight: 15 lbs. 15 oz. (2%)
Head Circ: 17.75 inches (80% - shocker...:)
As for the rest, Miss Eleanor, at nine months:
* You sleep better than either of your brother's did at this age, and I though I had it easy with them! Each morning you take a nap from around 9:30-12:00, afternoon nap is from 2:00-5:00, and then bedtime is at 7:30 p.m.. I still don't know what time you actually wake up in the morning because your such a quiet little hummingbird! Whenever I come in to get you, whether it's 6:30 a.m. or 8 a.m., you're just playing quietly in your crib until you see me and excitedly start babbling. This is my favorite time of the day... just to see that first heart-melting smile when you've just woken up makes my whole day brighter.
* A few weeks ago you surprised me when I came in to get you after your afternoon nap and you were standing up! When did you learn how to pull-up?! Luckily, you gave me enough time to run downstairs to get my camera to document this important milestone. You were SO proud of yourself! :) Now you're pulling up onto everything and cautiously starting to cruise around. You love to come pull up on my leg when I'm making dinner and I love the extra help in the kitchen! :) I predict you'll be walking before it's time for your one-year update.
* Just recently you've started to babble a lot more, including popular phrases like, "Da da da da...," and, "Ba ba ba ba." You've also discovered how to happily shriek like a screech owl when you feel so inclined. I don't remember the boys ever doing that - or maybe they did, but they never quite reached that decibel. :) Other vocal talents include humming around your binky when you're falling asleep, blowing lots of raspberries, and shouting orders to Eddie and Jack.
* You've only just grown big enough to sit in the baby swing at the park. After some initial uncertainty, you decided that you LOVE to swing and happily squealed the entire half-hour you were in it!
* There are still no teeth to speak of in your adorable little mouth, which makes me happy because I love toothless baby smiles. At your nine-month well-check Dr. Riley found no evidence that any teeth would be coming any time soon. Looks like you're taking after Eddie who also decided teeth were unnecessary until after his first birthday. :)
* While you still love to smile at everyone, you're also starting to become a little nervous when you're around strangers and can't see mommy. So long as Daddy or I have a hold on you you're the most congenial baby in the world. ;)
* You're getting better and better at feeding yourself, though you still need to work on differentiating between edible and non-edible items. ;) For example: cheerios - edible, shoes - non-edible; crackers - edible, paper - non-edible. Don't worry, we'll keep working on it. :)
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Jack & Eddie
2 comments:
Wow! Look at those blue eyes. She is starting to look so much like her brothers! I love when they get to be able to lift themselves up and cruise around. They love this new independence and it seems like they are happy just curiously looking everywhere they couldn't see before. What a doll!
She has those beautiful "Wilde" eyes....wish we were closer...I'd like to get to know this little as well as the other littles!!
Sad.....I know.....
Post a Comment