Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Spook-tacular 2009


I love Halloween parties! There are so many fun decorations and games that go along with the holiday - not to mention the creative things that can be done with the food to make it fit in with a spooky theme. This year we had our first Halloween party and invited Jack's friends along with their mom's. It was really fun and I can't wait until next year to do it again! I was so busy once everyone arrived that I didn't get a chance to take many pictures, which I'm kind of bummed about. I think next year will be even better when I only have the four/five year olds over instead of all of the younger siblings as well. They didn't really understand how to play the games and I think the older kids would have had more fun doing them without their little brothers/sisters. :)

Mini Spider-bites! I think these turned out so cute! And believe me, I've NEVER used that word to describe a spider before! LOL!

Justin helped me decorate the house the night before the party. I wish I'd taken a picture of the table when it was all set up with the food/decorations! Imagine pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting, Witch's Tortellini Salad served in a cauldron, mini-spider cupcakes, Witch's brew (Sprite) with green and orange sherbet, 'eyeball' meatballs, Halloween chex-mix.. There was a LOT of food! :)

We played two games - the first was 'Pin the heart on the skeleton' - each kid had a heart with their name on it to try to stick to the skeleton on the wall. The second game was the ping-pong eyeball toss. Each child was given a ping-pong ball that looked like an eyeball and they took turns trying to bounce them into one of three containers. If they got it into one of the cauldrons under the number '2' they got two pieces of candy. A ball that landed in the larger container under the '1' got them one piece of candy. This game was a big hit! I'll have to remember to do this one again next year. ;)

Pirate Eddie had fun, but was just a little too young to understand how to play the games correctly. One thing he did understand perfectly was how to sneak cupcakes and candy off of the table. Here is is, caught in the act!

Here's Jack the Spider, Noah the Spiderman, and Alexandra the Superwoman! (I can't tell who's on the horse behind her. ;) You can also see the treat bags we made for the kids behind Jack... Each one contained a Halloween cup and straw, a glow-in-the-dark bracelet, candy, mini-box of raisins, and Halloween fruit snacks (I tried to put some healthy treats in them to counteract all of the sugar ;). Other friends not pictured: Riley, Tyler, Will, Kate, Josh, Libby, Damon, Sutton, Ezra, Arwen, Ella, Lila, Rachel.


The crash after the sugar rush! After the last guests left, Eddie stripped down (again - yes, he did it several times throughout the afternoon.. He apparently isn't too keen on dressing up.) and fell asleep on the couch. This was how I found him after cleaning up the kitchen. :)

1 comment:

Katie B. said...

That is the funniest picture! You need to print it off and hide one before he is too old and will want to destroy it! However, if he is like Justin... he might frame it ;)