Friday, February 15, 2008

"Happy Valen-pimes Day!"

So much to write about! I'm going to try to keep this post JUST about Valentine's Day, though. It really does deserve an entry of its own! :-)

"Mommy, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm still recovering from yesterday's puke-fest 2008...Please don't take offense if I just play with these a little and then throw them on the floor."


"On any other day you'd have to bind my arms in a straight-jacket to keep me from inhaling these delicious corazones!" (Yes - I've just decided that Eddison is fluent in Spanish.)

"See - Mommy keeps calling it a heart, but if you'll just take a moment with me here I'll very plainly show you that it is in fact a ... "

"CIRCLE!!!"


Generally I proclaim to not care about whether Justin does anything special for me on Valentine's day, but really...when he does stuff like this, I just melt!

We started the day by coming downstairs with the boys (Justin woke us all up before he left for the bus) and he had arranged everything like you see in the picture. A card for each of us along with a heart shaped donut and a ton of chocolate...oh, and BEAUTIFUL flowers for the mommy. :-) To top it off, he made me pretty much the BEST 'love-song' CD ever!! Here's the playlist:


Love of a Lifetime - FireHouse
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
I'll Be There for You - Bon Jovi (NOT the Friends version!)
Fly to the Angels - Slaughter
When I See You Smile - Bad English
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Heaven - Warrant
Love Song - Tesla
November Rain - Guns N' Roses
I Remember You - Skid Row
Miles Away - Winger
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey


Seriously! LOL! And to prove that we ARE in fact meant to be together for time and all eternity, I had written in HIS Valentine card (which opened up to play, "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore") the following:

"Justin - Isn't it comforting to know that if it should ever happen that we cease to have anything in common ... we'll at least have our love of 80's butt-rock to keep us together?"


Classic! Justin - I love you! And I LOVE that you and I (for the most part) rock the same sense of humor.


Overall it was an awesome day. For Justin I made oven-baked six-cheese macaroni with a crumb topping, artichokes with a garlic-butter dipping sauce, and pumpkin-chocolate brownies served with vanilla ice-cream. I'd also managed to sneak a few treats in his laptop case all week, so I think we both defintely felt loved. :-)


Jackson LOVED the Valentine's he received! Particularly his 'Me-mo' one from his cousins Matt, Jake, and Zach. He carried it around all day and even made me put in Finding Nemo - which he hasn't watched in a very long time!


The boys each got heart (or as Jackson would call them, 'Circles') grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch (Eddie - our Champion Eater, is still not eating after his stomach bug from the day before (wednesday). He was vomiting every half hour and had diarrhea all day, but seemed to be a little better yesterday after the puking stopped. Today (Friday) he still hasn't regained his voracious appetite, but we expect him to be perfectly fine by tomorrow.) Jackson also ate his weight in heart (fine - CIRCLE) shaped chocolates before I caught him sneaking the bag.

Hope you all had a great Love Day!

4 comments:

Katie B. said...

YOU LUCKY GIRL!!!

merathon said...

awwwww- isn't that justin sweet?

i'm glad to hear you had artichokes as well. that's a tradition for us on valentine's day-- cuz there's a heart inside!

Lyndsey said...

Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies???!?!?! Ok you have got to give me the recipe for that one. Seriously that sounds amazing.

Train Gang said...

Good Job Justin! What a romantic!!! very cute. Eddie is looking so big suddenly in the highchair picture. But Question...? Why wasn't there any songs on your CD by Rat? i'm disappointed. :)