Last week Eddison had his 12 month well-check. As expected he flirted shamelessly with Dr. Riley and even took his shots like a champ. Of course a little bag of goldfish crackers may have helped with that (Love our pediatrician!).
Here's the latest on our little dude:
Weight: 19 lbs. even (ummm...that's a little over THREE POUND gain from his last well check!!! Well done, Eddie!!!) This actually puts him ON the charts for the first time in his life! We couldn't be more proud! (3-5%)
Height: 29 inches (25% - again - he's moving up, up, up!)
Head Circumference: 19 inches (90-95%) Ok, ok, he's got a big head. Tell us something we DON'T know!!! :-)
Measurements aside, Eddison has recently taken as many as FOUR steps!! Lookout world, here he comes! Of course he still prefers crawling or this weird/spastic form of locomotion that involves grabbing onto his little walking toy and then pushing it while on his knees. (Come on, Eddie, go the extra mile. What's with the knee walking? Is it really that hard to extend your leg by about seven more inches and just WALK?! LOL!!!) Regardless - we've reached the "first steps" milestone (I'll put up video soon!) and are now eagerly anticipating the arrival of...
No - not another baby (did I get anyone?!) -
A TOOTH!!! That's right - Eddie has remained our toothless wonder for quite a while now! Well, since birth actually. After a quick reference to Jackson's baby book I discovered that the Hurricane had SEVEN teeth by his first birthday. Obviously these things aren't genetic. :-) However, upon close inspection Dr. Riley guesstimated that the little bottom/front teeth are due to make an appearance soon! And just this morning I noticed the tell-tale 'white spot' where that FIRST little tooth should be popping through ANY day! I'd love to say that the white spot was our only indication, but unfortunately the little Captain hasn't been sleeping well for the past few nights. (I.e. Mommy and Daddy have been up at all hours to console a crying, drooling, and teething Eddie.) I'll put up pictures of the new addition as soon as he's visible! :-)
So - to end our "Month of Eddison" (really, sorry Jackson! You'll get your turn, soon! There are PLENTY of great stories and "Jack-isms," I've written down about you in the past month and will blog about soon!), one more list!
AT ONE YEAR, EDDISON...
CAN -
...clap and wave 'hello' and 'good-bye'
...crawl and cruise faster than a speeding bullet
...climb better than any marsupial, though perhaps not as efficiently...what with lacking a prehensile tail and all...
...shake his head, "No!"
...out-eat all three toddlers in his Sprout group (and then possibly eat all three toddlers in his Sprout group.).
...say, "Mama," and, "Dada," and, "Ack." (We think he deliberately omits the, 'J'.)
...pass a ball back and forth with Mommy, Daddy, or Jackson - belly laughing the whole time because it's pretty much the greatest game ever!
...climb up and go down the slide all by himself! (Again, belly-laughing the whole time. I can just picture the caption, "Look at me!!! I just crawled up..ha ha ha ha, and now I'm gonna go down, ha ha ha ha, all by myself....BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!")
STILL -
...has no teeth, (duh)
...falls asleep in Mommy or Daddy's arms when he's too tired to make it to bedtime
...snuggles with Mommy almost every time she wants to (which is A LOT!)
...loves to be read to
...adores his big brother
...has a laugh and crooked smile that would melt ANYone's heart!
...laughs and smiles like it's his job!
...poops AT LEAST four times a day. (Which is why we go through the same amount of wipes even though Jackson is potty-trained!)
I'm sure there are plenty more things, but I omitted a lot of the questions on the 12-month questionnaire from his appointment. Seriously, do you care if he can pick up a cheerio with his thumb and the tip of his forefinger instead of using his whole fist? Probably not. (FYI - yes, he can...In fact he's surprisingly advanced for pretty much any milestone that could involve picking up and/or eating food including finger dexterity and hand coordination. Who'd have guessed? :-)
And I meant what I said earlier - there are plenty of Jack stories coming soon! It's been quite a month for him, too! :-)
Love to all!
1 comment:
WOW! Go Eddie!! Sounds like the Wilde boys are living the good life these days =)
Post a Comment