Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Days in Carolina (what we've been up to)

I can hardly believe October is almost over and that the holiday season is already upon us in full swing!    Fall is my very favorite season not only because the weather is cooler and the leaves are gorgeous, but it's the gateway to the great holiday triumvirate. :) At present the kiddos can't think beyond Halloween (trick-or-TREATS!), but I know that once Halloween is over there are only a few short weeks until Thanksgiving and then Christmas shortly thereafter.  I love it!  The past couple months seem to have flown by and a lot has happened!  In a nutshell:

-  Adjusting to the boys' school schedules, homework, PTO, class parties, school pictures (which I didn't buy just on principle...  I can't believe how much they charge now!), etc.
-  Race for the Cure
-  General Conference (AMAZING!)
-  YW Wednesday night activities, Tuesday night presidency meetings, after church on Sunday meetings, etc.  
-  Justin is the ward executive secretary so he's kept pretty busy with his calling as well.
-  Justin's new job/promotion (within Wells)... Which I am very proud of him for - even though he may get upset with me for writing about it. :)
-  A lovely visit from Nana who flew in from Phoenix (where she recently moved to) to spend a week with us.  She introduced the boys to Real Steel (the Hugh Jackman robot movie) by bringing them little robot action figures from the movie.  They LOVED them... So while she was here Justin and I took the boys to see the movie while Nana stayed home with Norah and Beck.  It was a great movie (for kids and adults!) and needless to say they both have requested more Real Steal robots from Santa.  
-  Planning/decorating for/having a Ladies Night Out Halloween party... (There will be a separate post about this. :)

And that's just off the top of my head. :)  A few other things we've been up to (so far) this Fall in pictures:

Jack finally did it!  He successfully raised caterpillars that actually made cocoons and then hatched out as beautiful butterflies!
Here he is letting the first of three fly away from the butterfly cage.  I was so happy that it fluttered on his finger for a little while before taking flight.  He was in heaven. :)

Jackson has also been perfecting his backflip on the trampoline.    Those skills did not come from my side, lol.

Norah had her first haircut!  She refused to sit solo so I offered my lap and the stylist just worked around me.

She had the long 'rat tail' cut and the back evened up and then the stylist layered her bangs a little.  SO cute!

In the Fall we spend A LOT of time enjoying the gorgeous weather outside!  The average temps are in the high 70's - low 80's with just a hint of a crisp breeze that occasionally blows, happily reminding us that summer is over.  Sunday afternoons we change out of our church clothes and pull out our camping chairs (southern-style) to sit in the front of the house and watch the kiddos play in the cul-de-sac.  There are always several other kids who come out to play, too, which is why we love our neighborhood!

Beckett had his first ride (not on someone's lap) in the monster truck! 
Clearly he was super excited about this...
Which says a lot since Eddie was driving (speaking of which... I may make him wait until he's back from his mission before I let him get his license.  He's insane.).
(Love those two fingers in the mouth!  And Eddie's pretty cute, too. ;)
Of course we can't mention Fall without acknowledging the first holiday of the season... Halloween!  We started decorating around the first week of October and the boys loved coming home from school each day to see if anything new had been put up.  We are officially ready for Halloween at the Wilde house!  
 
October means... HALLOWEEN!  I bought some cute halloween picture frames to set on the piano and all I needed were some spooky pictures to put in them.  This isn't spooky, but I thought it was cute that they all put their pumpkins on their heads. :)
Jack did his best werewolf and Eddie nailed the zombie look.
And Norah... Well, she can't make a scary face without smiling. :)
Here's a better picture of what her new 'do looks like.  Isn't it adorable?!
Silly Jack.
"This pumpkin is heavy!"
Little Monster?  You're not foolin' anyone, son. :)
Beckett doesn't have a mean monster bone in his body!  
But he is rather round.  Which means he can just pretend to be a pumpkin instead. :)
And randomly - Fall also brings foods that I don't normally prepare during the hot summer months.  Things like soups, stews and other crock-pot comfort foods that remind me of the season.

Fall means stew weather!  Beckett loves to eat the vegetables...
He also loves to wear them. :)
Ahh... Blue skies, the beautiful colors of the changing leaves, we love an afternoon at the park in the Fall!  (But we do miss Jackson playing and exploring with us while he's at school.)

How handsome is this boy?! 
Really, he's suddenly looking so much more grown up (and he is growing!  He now wears a size up from Jackson in shoes and still has a few pounds on him.  Jack is still taller, though.).
And this little meatball is growing like a weed, too!  
I love those little bottom teeth. :)
And those beautiful brown eyes, of course!
Seriously, how did Justin and I get so lucky?! :) 
No park visit is complete without a walk on the nature trail to chase squirrels.
(Whispering) "I see one, mom.  I see a squirrel.  I a-going to chase it!"
I love my Eddie-o...
spaghetti-o. :)
And my beautiful baby girl with her big blue eyes and sassy attitude.  (Though I could go without the animosity towards almost ALL other toddlers she encounters.  I don't know how many times I've had to say, "Sorry... She has two older brothers...")
"Norah, where are you going?"  "A get a 'quirrel."
"Mommy - I think you may need to adjust these straps.  No pressure - I'm cool.  Just somethin' you might want to consider."
The beginnings of her pout-pout face.  (Seeing this face is always a bad sign of things to come.)
But even when she's pouting she's beautiful. :)
Silly face!
BIG smile.  (I love this scrunched up face, lol!)
And... one more of my amazing four year old.  I love that he still cuddles with me and calls me his 'best friend'.  He still wants to marry me when he's a daddy and gives me the biggest smile and hug first thing in the morning.

 

3 comments:

merathon said...

seriously can't believe how big those kids are getting. i barely recognize norah anymore! the haircut is too cute. and i just want to eat little beckett!

Mommy Weiss said...

your kids are adorable and i agree i can't believe how big they are getting -- they look so grown up!!

Trisha said...

I love the two finger sucker! Sam has the same trade mark, and even though people are constantly telling me how hard it will be to break that habit- I don't even care. Yeah for cute kids. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys while we are out in NC!