From August 25th to September 1st our kids (and me) were spoiled with love from Grandma Wilde and Auntie Madison who flew out from Oregon to meet Beckett and to help make the transition from 3 kiddos to 4 a little less crazy for me. :) Madison immediately took to fulfilling her role as 'entertainer extraordinaire' and set to work drawing the boys pictures, reading countless books, giving piggy-back rides, wrestling, playing outside, and otherwise bringing endless joy to three little monsters (and subsequently endless peace for their mommy :). Thank you, Madison!
Grandma Wilde also did her fair share of entertaining (and refereeing while I was nursing :)! Any new mom will tell you that the most precious gift you can get is time. With the first baby it's time for a nap or a shower... With subsequent children it's time with the new baby, time with the older child(ren), time to throw in a load of laundry, etc. Mom's visit allowed me all of these things and more. Words cannot express the gratitude I felt knowing Jack, Eddie, and Norah were in loving hands when I took Beckett upstairs to nurse without interruption (every 2.5 hours!). That alone time Mom provided me with my newest blessing was not only valuable in allowing me to help Beckett to learn to nurse, but also gave me priceless opportunities to bond with him without the chaos that inevitably follows his older siblings :). Again, words cannot explain how precious the gift of time is!
Mom - Thank you SO much for all that you did! I loved your company and could listen to your stories about Justin when he was a kid forever, lol! (And, if time is the most precious gift than conversation with another adult is the second most precious! :)
Granda Wilde got lots of snuggles getting to know her most recent grandbaby (#11!).
Despite his grumpy face, Eddie loved having Grandma here (see next picture)...
Who else would give him free back tickles? :)
2 comments:
You are so sweet!! I LOVED being there...Who can resist Jack's love of bugs and wanting to share it ALL with you, Eddison saying "I love you, Grandma" at least 20 times a day, Norah's sweet smiles, giggles and adorableness and the smell and touch of our newborn, Beckett! Our trip was priceless! Not to mention what WONDERFUL parents you are!!
oh my goodness! How is Madison all grown up??!! I was looking in the picture for a little girl and didn't see one. time flies too fast.
Post a Comment